Friday, May 14, 2010

Different design for hoop house











Since my little hoop house had done so well during the winter and summer, I decided to change up the pvc hoops and build a square frame around the sandbox. I wanted to put a better shade/plastic system up that would be able to be more secured in high winds. As I started working, I decided to go a little higher on the frame and before you know it, I had started on a small pvc greenhouse! Later I added some more pvc for the roof. I ended up putting chicken wire around the base to keep the cats out, who liked to sleep in there at night! I got 28 gallon totes I found a rummage sale to plant my veggies in for sub irrigated planters.

I was hoping to save water and also avoid the mesquite tree roots that had invaded the sandbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment