Friday, August 6, 2010

Buckets still working nicely with tomatoes and peppers!





As summer rolls along, I've only lost 3 plants in buckets. Those buckets had water that went stagnant. I have since learned adding a couple pennies to the reservoir can curb algae!
I have bought a couple Earthboxes and plan to put some herbs in them on the patio. I will also be planting seeds for fall and winter veggies. The big garden wasn't as productive this year, so I will be replacing the soil for the winter season. Surprisingly, the plants in my greenhouse have done pretty well. They are in containers but it is very hot in there, often reaching 120 degrees during the day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori - I am creating a very large SIP vegetable garden here in Tucson and wanted to get your input on soil mix, location and limitations/suggestions to tweak common SIP processes for our hot climate. Do not see a contact us on this blog.

    ReplyDelete