Sunday, August 22, 2010

Temps still high




Temps are still high and the tomatoes aren't producing much. We are on our third invasion of hornworms. The chickens are having a feast! My pups got out and decided my tomatoes were something to seek out and destroy, so some of the tomato plants got squashed. Oh well, I guess they needed trimming!
My bigger garden didn't do as well this year, so I pulled most of it up and am changing out the soil. I bought a 200 gallon water tank and if I can get the shade up with a gutter over my chicken coop, I will have most of the water I need for a fall garden as well as a more successful next summer garden.
I am also trying to figure out how to convert one of the buckets to a hydroponic system. I have most of the things I need so this will be interesting if I can get the system to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment